By visiting or using the Site, you agree that your personal information collected through the Site and as otherwise described in this Policy will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy. Note that if you execute a subsequent agreement with the Company, that agreement may modify these terms and conditions.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from other entities, and automatically through your access or use of our Site.
This Policy also applies to certain information we collect from the users of any mobile applications that link to this Policy (the “App”). For users of the App, we collect App Data (defined below). This Policy applies to App Data as well.
Information We Collect Directly From You
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site, App and/or the services. If you request a quote through our Site, we will collect your contact information (typically, name, email, state, phone number, company) and a description of the service in which you are interested. If you participate in a contest, we will obtain your entry information (contact information) and any pictures, videos, captions, or other information that you may choose to submit to us for purposes of the contest entry. We also will collect any other information that you choose to provide to us in your communications with us.
Information We Collect From Other Entities
- Our Franchisees. If you request a service through one of our franchisee’s websites, whether online or over the phone, we will receive a copy of your contact information and the service that you have scheduled with the franchisee.
- Marketing Companies. We obtain prospective contact lists from non-affiliated marketing companies.
- Social Network Platforms. If you tag us in a photo on a social network site and you enter a contest or promotion, we will collect the information that you have posted to that site unless you have made your posting “private.” Please see the social networking site for information about their disclosure of information practices.
- Advertising Networks, Operating Systems, Internet Service Providers, Analytics Providers. We may collect information automatically about you and your interaction with our Site and/or our App from these entities. See below for additional information.
- Financial Institutions. If you request a loan for a product, we may obtain information from the financial institution about your approval.
Information We Collect Automatically
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- your IP address;
- general location information;
- the length of time you visit our Site and use our services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
We may obtain this information from operating systems and platforms, as well as from data analytics providers and internet service providers. We may, but do not typically, associate this with other information that we collect about you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following business or commercial purposes:
Service Provisioning/Transactional Purposes:
- To provide our services to you.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer general location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the services.
- To administer the customer loyalty program (if established).
Customer Service Purposes:
- To communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To send marketing emails about: our products and services, including newsletters about our products and services; products and services of our affiliated companies (and brands offered by those affiliates, as noted at angelcareny.com); and products and services offered by other brands within the Angel Care, Inc.
- We also may contact you by phone and/or text (with consent, as applicable) about our products and services.
- To enter contests and promotions in accordance with your request (note that separate rules apply to our contests).
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media.
- To evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also our targeted advertising section discussed below.
- To better understand how users access and use our services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- To provide reports to our service providers, franchisees, regulators, and others.
- To implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect you and us.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, to assist us in fulfilling any of the business and commercial purposes set forth above as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose your information to service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include, but are not limited to, entities that assist us with administration, marketing, legal purposes, and any other purposes set forth above. Specific examples include service providers that host our website, provide services to you, handle our billing, and assist us with our marketing campaigns, contests, or other promotions.
- Affiliates and the Angel Care, Inc. We share your information with our affiliate companies. Our affiliates also may share your information with their respective franchisees, who may independently market their products and services to you.
- Other Visitors to our Website. Your username and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, testimonials, comments, text, photos, and videos will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and services.
- Advertising Networks. We share your information with advertising networks to assist us in advertising on and off our Site. Please see “Advertising Networks” below for additional information.
- Analytics Providers. We share your information with analytics providers that assist us in evaluating use of our Site and services, and as described below.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates, are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information, such as to law enforcement and our legal advisors, to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users for any purpose.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site, services, and on websites of other entities.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Cross-Device Use. We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc.). We, and our service providers, also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on each of your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.
As noted above, we disclose certain information (such as your hashed email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience or to change your preferences, log into your Facebook and search for ad preferences)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar ("Custom Audiences"). You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page (optout.aboutads.info) for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies (youradchoices.com/learn). To control interest based advertising on your mobile device from participating companies, you can download the DAA AppChoices Tool from your app store. Please visit youradchoices.com/appchoices to learn more.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info .
Our Site may contain links to non-affiliated entity websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
App Additional Terms
Personal Information. We collect personal information:
- directly from you (for example, when you download the App, set-up an App account, submit information, data or content);
- through automated technologies and interactions (for example, as you interact with and use our services); and
- from Apple or Google if you choose to provide your email when you login to the App.
Location data. We may collect location data (i.e., the general geolocation of your device) for example, to provide location-based features.
Device and technical data, such as your browser type, operating system, and your IP address (a unique address that identifies your computer on the Internet), the full URL clickstream (i.e. where you have come from on the internet and where you go to, date and time) when you enter our Website or your device type, operating system, a random ID associated with the App release number, the App Installation ID (which is a random installation ID number generated by your device when the App is installed) and your IP address when you use the App.
Collectively, the data collected under this Mobile App Section is “App Data”. This Policy covers App Data, but other personal information input by users of the App is covered by a separate agreement with the user’s employer.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you transactional emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.Last Updated: April 21, 2023